Friday, November 16, 2007

Consumer report.

Three things have come across my radar this week that I just need to share:

  • Bounce dryer sheets. Don't try to save $1.50 by buying generic-brand dryer sheets. Once you go from those to Bounce, you will never go back. It's like embracing the Snuggle bear while being wrapped in a sun-warmed blanket hung out to dry in the spring (yes, it mixes brands, but I can't help what I feel).
  • AAA Roadside. I've been renewing this every year for $55 and have never used it. Until this year, when I've used it twice. Both times, the AAA person has come in less than five minutes. It was worth $55 alone to have someone change my tire on the side of I-35 after my blow-out...but did you also know that the service is transferable? Last week my neighbor locked her phone, purse, keys, and dog in her truck. I called AAA, they came in three minutes, popped the lock, and everyone was happy and healthy. It cost nothing, and I was the neighborhood hero. I highly recommend.
  • Banana Republic sweaters. Don't bother. I've always known this, but I always forget it, especially when they are one sale. Pretty much ever BR sweater I've ever bought has balled up within 90 seconds of putting it on. Today I was nearly overcome by the fluff and fuzz drifting off my sweater--I was like Pigpen with a halo of dirt. But instead of dirt, sweater fluff. And of course, the sweater was balling like a mofo. I am just saying no to their sweaters from now on. (Or maybe starting after Xmas, since I'm sure some of those might be under the tree.)

1 comment:

Chris Cusack said...

More bloggings, please.